ARBO604 – Advanced Tree Inspection
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Advanced Tree Inspection
The aim of this module is to develop students skill and knowledge to outline and undertake an integrated approach to the inspection of amenity trees.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Undertake scientific tree inspection using current tools and methods to produce a justified report on tree health
- ? Importance and use of tree inspection
? Site analysis and environmental influences upon trees.
? Risk assessment
? Conducting a site survey, tree boundaries, tree lots.
? Identifying visual signs of symptoms of factors affecting tree condition; including decay, diseases, disorders, pests and visual tree inspection.
? Use of Arborsonic Decay Detector, Increment Borer and Resistograph.
? Best industry practice techniques and equipment
? Scientific Tree inspection
? Soil compaction analysis.
? Analysis data collected and determine tree condition.
? Justified reporting in findings
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students need to pass all components of the portfolio with at least 50% in order to pass this module.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Project-based learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices