ARBO603 – Pathology in Trees
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Pathology in Trees
The aim of this module is to develop students knowledge of pathology affecting amenity trees, and their skill in evaluating and managing diseases for tree assessment and care purposes.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Analyse the pathological relationship diseases have with amenity tree habitats.
2. Categorize adverse amenity tree diseases, evaluating their symptoms, and give diagnostic descriptions of damage to tree habitats.
3. Identify factors influencing the effectiveness of control measures using information on the biology of the disease
4. Evaluate options for the management of the pathological relationship of diseases and trees
- ? Disease lifecycles and methods of spread.
? Symptoms of disease injury to amenity trees.
? Parts of trees effected by disease
? Diagnosis of effects of disease injury to trees
? Identification and classification of amenity tree diseases.
? Less common, but severe, amenity tree diseases.
? Assessing, monitoring amenity tree diseases.
? Management options for amenity tree diseases.
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students need to pass all components of the portfolio with at least 50% in order to pass this module.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Project-based learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices