ARBO301 – Arboriculture Codes of Practice
Arboriculture Codes of Practice
The aim of this module is to develop student’s understanding of codes of practice and guidelines for arboriculture.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- As per Ako: Teaching and Learning Directions – Project-based learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Demonstrate understanding of Codes of Practice and guidelines for arboriculture.
- - Arboriculture scenarios
- Differences between approved Codes of Practice, Best Practice Guides, and Good Practice Guide.
- Use within arboriculture industry
- Locating specific information within codes, critical for given arboriculture scenario
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is mixed mode. Students must gain a minimum mark of 50% in the achievement-based assessments and meet all the requirements of the competency-based assessments including carrying out all tasks in a safe manner and to industry standard to be eligible for a final grade for this module. The final grade will be based on the marks from the achievement-based assessment tasks. Where there are only competency components, pass or fail will be awarded.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- ? Tutorial notes, exercises and readings, flexible, blended learning focus on content and material as projects for project based learning.
? Interactive Moodle platform.