Our 2016 End-Of-Year Exhibitions will showcase the best work from our graduating students.
All are invited to attend the series of events. Celebrate their success with us in viewing, listening, absorbing, and experiencing their works.
- Music Performances: Clarence St Theatre, 15-18 November, 7pm
- He Pō Whakanui (Māori & Pasifika Student Exhibition): Te Kōpu Mānia Marae, Wintec, 18 & 21 November, 10am-2pm
- Moving Image: Events Room 1 & 2, Wintec, 21 November, 6.30pm
- Photography Exhibition: P Block, Wintec, 24 November, 5.30pm
- Graphic Design & Interior Design Exhibition: R Block, Wintec, 24 November, 5.30pm
- Painting & Sculpture Exhibition: Building X, Wintec, 24 November, 5.30pm
To keep up with Media Arts news and events, subscribe to our newsletter below.
To read stories about alumni, staff and students, you can browse MediaArts.ac.nz and subscribe to our occasional newsletter.
Below are listed just a few of the events happening here regularly.
The Creative Industries Project module is a new initiative being launched in 2016. The module brings together students from different disciplines for a full year to work on projects under the theme 'Activate the City'
Ramp Gallery was established in 1997 as a contemporary art space in the Department of Media Arts at the Waikato Institute of Technology (then Waikato Polytechnic). Ramp seeks to provide a venue for innovative work and foster critical discussion about contemporary art.
Through Ramp, Wintec students regularly have the opportunity to engage with leading contemporary artists. They can also volunteer in the gallery in a variety of roles, gaining valuable work experience in the area. Ramp is currently seeking to expand its operations to include relationships with other tertiary spaces, artist residencies, artist talks, a publications profile and web-based projects. Visit the Ramp Gallery Website »