- 2000 - Present Principal Academic Staff Member, School of Sport and Exercise Science, Waikato Institute of Technology
- 1997 - 2000 Lecturer, Department of Human Movement Science, University of Zululand, South Afrika
- 1993 - 1997 Self-employed Registered Biokineticist, Rondebosch, South Africa
- 1996 MSc (Medicine) Exercise Science
- 1984 BA (Phys Ed) Hons
- 1983 BA (Phys Ed)
- RMT (MNZ)
Registered Biokineticist - now Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist (Clinical Exercise Physiology New Zealand); Registered Therapist (Massage New Zealand).
Areas of specialisation
- Exercise Rehabilitation
- Injury Prevention
- Sports Medicine
- Massage Therapy
Research and scholarly activity
I have supervised and co-supervised students from 3rd year degree to Masters level in the areas of exercise rehabilitation; hypermobility; exercise prescription for special population
- Sports Medicine New Zealand
- Massage New Zealand
What keeps you busy outside of work?
I work in my own clinics (Monday - Thursday afternoons) doing exercise rehabilitation and soft tissue therapy. I am training for New Zealand Masters Track & Field Athletics.
Being on New Zealand’s Health Support Team in the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi, India.