Academic Staff Member
- Bachelor of Social Work, 1991, Massey University
- Graduate Diploma in Social Sciences (Psychology), 1998, Massey University
- Certificate in Te Ara Reo Māori, 2005,Te Wānanga O Aotearoa
Area of Expertise
Recovery focused mental health practice
Industry Experience, Affiliation and Achievements
Stephen has worked predominantly in mental health settings since graduating (inpatient, community, crisis teams and specialist teams).
Involved in tertiary education since 2000, and has worked for the Wairarapa Polytechnic (in a conjoint arrangement with Massey University), the New Zealand Institute of Training in Social Services, Te Wānanga O Aotearoa and has been at Wintec since mid 2007.
Currently co-ordinates and teaches on the National Certificate in Mental Health (Mental Health Support Work), as well as teaching on both the counselling and social work endorsements of the Bachelor of Applied Social Science.
Research and Scholarly Activity
- Has presented at Social Work and Mental Health conferences in New Zealand.
- Has been a regular contribution to the Centre 401 newsletter.
- Currently undertaking post graduate studies in Public Health with a particular focus on mental health promotion at the Faculty of Medical & Health Sciences, School of Population Health, University of Auckland