- Postgraduate studies in Public Health focusing on mental health promotion, School of Population Health, University of Auckland, current.
- Certificate in Te Ara Reo Māori, Te Wānanga O Aotearoa, 2005.
- Graduate Diploma in Social Sciences (Psychology), Massey University, 1998.
- Bachelor of Social Work, Massey University, 1991.
Industry Experience, Affiliations and Achievements
- Experienced in mental health settings, including:
- Crisis teams
- Specialist teams
- 16 years of experience in tertiary education, working at the Wairarapa Polytechnic, the New Zealand Institute of Training in Social Services, Te Wānanga O Aotearoa and Wintec since 2007.
Areas of Expertise and Research
- Recovery-focused mental health practice.
- Presentations at national social work and mental health conferences.
- Regular contributor to the Centre 401 Trust newsletter.