- Postgraduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching, University of Waikato, 2013.
- Certificate in Adult Teaching, Wintec, 2007.
- Masters in Nursing (Clinical), Victoria University of Wellington, 2007.
- Advanced Practice Nursing Programme Certificate (Intensive Care), Capital & Coast DHB, 2002.
- Acute Care Speciality Programme, Capital & Coast DHB, 2001.
- Diploma in Comprehensive Nursing, Wintec, 1995.
- National Certificate in Business Studies, Wintec, 1992.
Industry Experience, Affiliations and Achievements
- Clinical experience in critical care and acute nursing.
- Experience in clinical nursing education before coordinating Wintec modules, including:
- Clinical Nurse Educator and Stream Postgraduate Coordinator, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Critical Care Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma Coordinator, Melbourne University
- Nurse Entry to Practice Educator, Waikato District Health Board
- Clinical Nurse Specialist in Physiologically Unstable Patients, Middlemore District Health Board
- Led and managed implementation of student allocator process for students and staff, 2013-2015.
- Member of Employee Partnership Group.
- Havill Research Award for Best Critical Care Nursing Research, Waikato District Health Board, 2007.
Areas of Expertise and Research
- Collaboration and integration within Enrolled Nursing Programme.
- Interest in ‘Critical Care Outreach’ and patient deterioration models.
Student Allocator Project Leader, 2014-2015.
Member of the Dedicated Education Unit project, 2013-2014.
‘An exploration of the transition of patients from intensive care to the ward environment: A ward nursing perspective’ (Unpublished thesis, Victoria University of Wellington). Presented at the Australian and New Zealand Intensive Care Society Conference, Rotorua, 2007.
‘Developing an understanding of an outreach service from an intensive care unit and general ward perspective in a New Zealand context’ (Co-author and Research Coordinator), 2003. Published on hospital intranet. Poster presented at the Australian and New Zealand Intensive Care Society Conference, Dunedin, 2003.