- Postgraduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching, University of Waikato, 2013
- Certificate in Adult Teaching, Wintec, 2007
- Masters in Nursing (Clinical), Victoria University of Wellington, 2007
- Advanced Practice Nursing Programme Certificate (Intensive Care), Capital & Coast DHB, 2002
- Acute Care Speciality Programme, Capital & Coast DHB, 2001
- Diploma in Comprehensive Nursing, Wintec, 1995
- National Certificate in Business Studies, Wintec, 1992
Industry experience, affiliations and achievements
- Clinical experience in critical care and acute nursing
- Experience in clinical nursing education before coordinating Wintec modules, including:
- Clinical Nurse Educator and Stream Postgraduate Coordinator, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Critical Care Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma Coordinator, Melbourne University
- Nurse Entry to Practice Educator, Waikato District Health Board
- Clinical Nurse Specialist in Physiologically Unstable Patients, Middlemore District Health Board
- Led and managed implementation of student allocator process for students and staff, 2013-2015
- Member of Employee Partnership Group
- Havill Research Award for Best Critical Care Nursing Research, Waikato District Health Board, 2007
Areas of expertise and research
- Collaboration and integration within Enrolled Nursing Programme
- Interest in ‘Critical Care Outreach’ and patient deterioration models
- Student Allocator Project Leader, 2014-2015.
- Member of the Dedicated Education Unit project, 2013-2014.
- ‘An exploration of the transition of patients from intensive care to the ward environment: A ward nursing perspective’ (Unpublished thesis, Victoria University of Wellington). Presented at the Australian and New Zealand Intensive Care Society Conference, Rotorua, 2007.
- ‘Developing an understanding of an outreach service from an intensive care unit and general ward perspective in a New Zealand context’ (Co-author and Research Coordinator), 2003. Published on hospital intranet. Poster presented at the Australian and New Zealand Intensive Care Society Conference, Dunedin, 2003.