- Doctor of Philosophy Candidate.
- Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Education, Wintec, 2011.
- Diploma in Childbirth Education, Aoraki Polytechnic, 2011.
- Master of Management Studies (Honours), University of Waikato, 2009.
- Certificate in Adult Teaching, Wintec, 2002.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Child and Family Health Nursing, Wintec, 2001.
- Bachelor of Nursing, Waikato Polytechnic, 1998.
- Registered nurse.
Industry experience, affiliations and achievements
- 10 years in paediatric acute nursing
- 2 years in community-based antenatal and early parenting education
- 2 years in private prenatal and early parenting consultancy
- 1 year in postnatal acute nursing
- 4 years in nursing education, teaching in both tutoring and module teaching roles:
- Child and family health
- Lifespan development
- Cultural safety
- Health promotion
- Clinical and workplace student experience
Areas of expertise and research
- Child, family and women’s health
- Nursing education
- Community health and development
- Research on the health of families and mothering/parenting experiences of mothers in the Waikato
- Participation in journal clubs
- Participation in and presentations at regional, national and international professional and collegial conferences
- Participation in research projects, particularly those that are funded following peer review and/or result in publications and presentations at conferences
- Participation in community service projects
- Developing curricula or evaluations for general competencies or other educational requirements of the Bachelor of Nursing and postgraduate nursing programmes