- Postgraduate Diploma in Primary Health Care, University of Otago.
- Master of Health Science, University of Otago.
- Certificate of Adult Teaching, Wintec, 2011.
- Certificate in Classical Homeopathy, Bay of Plenty College of Homeopathy, 2000.
- Diploma in Reflexology, Hanne Marquart Institute of Reflexology, Germany, 1999.
- Diploma in Anthroposophical Nursing, Paracelsus Klinik, Germany, 1999.
- Diploma in Nursing, Kreiskrankenhaus Muenchberg, Germany, 1987.
- Registered nurse.
Industry Experience, Affiliations and Achievements
- 15 years of clinical experience, in:
- Intensive care
- Medical-surgical nursing
- Occupational health nursing
- Rehabilitation and elder care in New Zealand, Switzerland and Germany.
- Part-time practice as an anthroposophical nurse, including educational workshops and 5 years of experience in collaboratively running a Wellness Retreat for women suffering from depression, stress and trauma in the Waikato.
- One year in nursing education, tutoring and module teaching.
- Member of the New Zealand Nurses Organisation (NZNO).
- Member of the Anthroposophical Nurses Association New Zealand (ANANZ).
- Member of the ANANZ Education Committee.
- Professional Member of the Reflexology New Zealand Inc.
Areas of Expertise and Research
- Community health and women’s health.
- Long term, chronic conditions.
- Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM).
- Integrated approaches to health.
- Culture and health.
‘The use of video communication for clinical nurse education and older adult nursing’, evaluation for the Waikato District Health Board.
PitStop health checks with Dairy NZ, primary health experiences for 3rd year nursing students.
‘What is the NOW for Anthroposophical Nursing?’ Key note for the Anthroposophical Nursing Conference, Auckland, 2016.
‘Expanding extended nursing practice through a cosmopolitan lens’. Presented at Cosmopolitan Anthropologies, Queenstown, 2014.