Maria Te Huia
- Postgraduate Diploma in Primary Health Care, University of Otago
- Master of Health Science, University of Otago
- Certificate of Adult Teaching, Wintec, 2011
- Certificate in Classical Homeopathy, Bay of Plenty College of Homeopathy, 2000
- Diploma in Reflexology, Hanne Marquart Institute of Reflexology, Germany, 1999
- Diploma in Anthroposophical Nursing, Paracelsus Klinik, Germany, 1999
- Diploma in Nursing, Kreiskrankenhaus Muenchberg, Germany, 1987
- Registered nurse
Industry experience, affiliations and achievements
- 15 years of clinical experience, in:
- Intensive care
- Medical-surgical nursing
- Occupational health nursing
- Rehabilitation and elder care in New Zealand, Switzerland and Germany
- Part-time practice as an anthroposophical nurse, including educational workshops and 5 years of experience in collaboratively running a Wellness Retreat for women suffering from depression, stress and trauma in the Waikato
- One year in nursing education, tutoring and module teaching
- Member of the New Zealand Nurses Organisation (NZNO)
- Member of the Anthroposophical Nurses Association New Zealand (ANANZ)
- Member of the ANANZ Education Committee
- Professional Member of the Reflexology New Zealand Inc
Areas of expertise and research
- Community health and women’s health
- Long term, chronic conditions
- Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM)
- Integrated approaches to health
- Culture and health
- ‘The use of video communication for clinical nurse education and older adult nursing’, evaluation for the Waikato District Health Board.
- PitStop health checks with Dairy NZ, primary health experiences for 3rd year nursing students.
- ‘What is the NOW for Anthroposophical Nursing?’ Key note for the Anthroposophical Nursing Conference, Auckland, 2016.
- ‘Expanding extended nursing practice through a cosmopolitan lens’. Presented at Cosmopolitan Anthropologies, Queenstown, 2014.