- Master of Nursing, University of Southern Queensland, 2015.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Science (with Merit), University of Auckland, 2010.
- Certificate in Adult Tertiary Education, Wintec, 2007.
- Bachelor of Nursing, Wintec, 2006.
- Advanced Diploma in Nursing, Wintec, 1991.
- Diploma in Comprehensive Nursing, Wintec, 1988.
- Registered nurse.
Industry Experience, Affiliations and Achievements
Clinical background includes:
- Adult acute medical and critical care
- Home health
- Care of the older persons
Areas of Expertise and Research
- Chronic care.
- Professional development.
- Supervision of students in clinical practice.
Review of Potter and Perry’s Fundamentals of nursing (5th ed.), 2016.
‘A Kaupapa Māori Nursing stream as a Choice for Māori Tauira (Students)’. Presented at the Australasian Nurse Educators Conference, 2015, with McHaffie, J., and Liddell, J.
‘Simulation Development and Delivery: Towards teaching excellence in Simulation at Wintec’. Poster presented at the Australasian Nurse Educators Conference, 2015.
Review of Scientific Abstracts for the Australasian Nurse Educators Conference, 2015.
‘Tihei mauri Ora: A distinctive approach’. Presented at the Australasian Nurse Educators Conference, 2012.
Review of Tabbner’s Nursing Care Theory and Practice (6th ed.), 2012.