- Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Education, Wintec, 2016
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Science (Nursing), University of Auckland, 2006
- Bachelor in Health Science (Nursing), Auckland University of Technology, 1996
- Diploma in Comprehensive Nursing, Auckland University of Technology, 1994
Areas of expertise
- Innovation in nursing education.
- Flexible delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate nursing education.
- Nursing education in Child Health.
Industry experience, affiliations and achievements
- Registered nurse in community assessment and treatment, Focus on Potential, 2008-2010.
- Senior registered nurse, acting nurse educator and acting charge nurse in Children’s Surgical/Oncology Ward, Waikato Hospital, 2004-2007 & 2008-2009.
- Senior staff nurse, Haematology/Oncology Ward, Starship Children’s Health, 1999-2004.
- Haemophilia nurse specialist, Auckland Hospital, 2001
- Staff nurse, Hospital for Sick Children NHS Trust, London, England, 1997-1999.
- Associate Investigator, researching the transition to flipped learning in undergraduate nursing education, 2016-current.
- Associate Investigator, case study methods in undergraduate nursing education, 2015-current.