- Master of Arts (Nursing), Massey University.
- Bachelor of Arts (Social Science), Massey University.
- CALT, Wintec.
- Registered nurse, 1977.
Industry Experience, Affiliations and Achievements
- 31+ years nursing and teaching experience, including training in general and obstetric nursing through Wellington Hospital.
- Tihei Mauri Ora Team Leader in the Centre for Health and Social Practice.
Areas of Expertise and Research
- Achievement of Māori students in the nursing and midwifery programmes.
‘A Kaupapa Maori nursing stream as a choice for Maori Tauira (students). Presented at the Australasian Nurse Educators Conference, Auckland, 2013, with Syminton, K., and Liddell, J.
‘What assessment tool should be used to measure competence?’ Presented at the Australia New Zealand Association of Health Professional Educators (ANZAHPE) Annual Conference, Launcerston, Australia, 2009, with Dannenfeldt, G., Stewart, J., and Stewart, K.
Dannenfeldt, G., McHaffie, J., Stewart, J., & Stewart, K. (2009). Addressing obstacles to success: What science do nurses really need in practice? Focus on Health Professional Education: A Multi-Disciplinary Journal, 11(1).