- Postgraduate Certificate in Leadership, Waikato University
- Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Teaching, 2007
- Master of Art (Applied) in Nursing, Victoria University of Wellington, 2005
- Bachelor of Nursing, Victoria University of Wellington, 1992
- Advanced Diploma of Nursing, Wellington Polytechnic, 1985
- RSCM, South Lothian College, 1979
- Registered General Nurse, Greater Glasgow Health Board, 1977
Areas of expertise
- Mother/nurse relationship in caring for the sick child.
- Interest in diabetes arising from the collaborative relationship between Wintec and the Waikato Regional Diabetes Service.
Industry experience, affiliations and achievements
- Wintec Leadership Award, 2014.
- 23+ years of clinical practice, nursing leadership and caring for children and their families in hospitals and the community.
- 16 years of experience in nursing education.
- Financial member of the Paediatric Society of New Zealand.
- Financial member of Nurses for Children and Young People Aotearoa/New Zealand (NZNO).
- Education for care and management of diabetes: An exemplar’. Poster presented at the New Zealand Society for the Study of Diabetes Conference, Nelson, 2011, with Ryan, S.
- Greenwood, S., Wright, T., & Nielsen, H. (2006). Highlights from the 7th International Family Nurse Conference: Plenary Address: Conversations in Context and Reflexivity in Child and Family Health Nursing. Journal of Family Nursing.
What do you enjoy about teaching/your job?
What do you love about your area?
Tell us about your experience in the industry
Prior to becoming an educator, I was a nurse in child and family health having worked in neonatal, hospital and community.