- Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Teaching, 2007.
- Master of Art (Applied) in Nursing, Victoria University of Wellington, 2005.
- Bachelor of Nursing, Victoria University of Wellington, 1992.
- Advanced Diploma of Nursing, Wellington Polytechnic, 1985.
- RSCM, South Lothian College, 1979.
- Registered General Nurse, Greater Glasgow Health Board, 1977.
Industry Experience, Affiliations and Achievements
- 23+ years of clinical practice, nursing leadership and caring for children and their families in hospitals and the community.
- 16 years of experience in nursing education.
- Financial member of the Paediatric Society of New Zealand.
- Financial member of Nurses for Children and Young People Aotearoa/New Zealand (NZNO).
Areas of Expertise and Research
- Mother/nurse relationship in caring for the sick child.
- Interest in diabetes arising from the collaborative relationship between Wintec and the Waikato Regional Diabetes Service.
‘Education for care and management of diabetes: An exemplar’. Poster presented at the New Zealand Society for the Study of Diabetes Conference, Nelson, 2011, with Ryan, S.
Refereed International E-learning World Conference on E-learning, Quebec City, Canada, 2007, with Gower, B., and Dannenfeldt, G.
Refereed 9th Biennial International Paediatric and Child Health Nurses Conference, Melbourne, Australia, 2006.
Refereed 7th International Family Nurse Conference: Opening spaces: Inviting dialogue in family nursing, Victoria, Canada, 2005.
Refereed International Child and Youth Conference, Victoria, Canada, 2003, with Greenwood, S.
Greenwood, S., Wright, T., & Nielsen, H. (2006). Highlights from the 7th International Family Nurse Conference: Plenary Address: Conversations in Context and Reflexivity in Child and Family Health Nursing. Journal of Family Nursing.