Academic Staff Member
- Bachelor of Social Work, 1985, Massey University
- Post Graduate Certificate in Health Science (Child & Adolescent Mental Health), 2004, University of Auckland
- Graduate Certificate in Supervision and Professional Development, 2008, Univ of Auckland Certificate in Adult Teaching, 2006, Wintec New Zealand
- Trade Certificate in Farming (Dairy), 1981, Technical Correspondence Institute
- New Zealand Certificate in Engineering (Mechanical), 1974, Wellington Polytechnic
Area of Expertise
Child and adolescent mental health, rural social work practice, family therapy, group work, community work and social work case work
Industry Experience, Affiliation and Achievements
- Over twenty-five years of experience in the health, community and social sectors as a practitioner, supervisor and therapist involved in mental health, care and protection; youth justice, rehabilitation, youth work and community development settings.
- Prior to joining Wintec in March 2006 - Mental health inpatient social worker for Waikato District Health Board.
- Member Aotearoa New Zealand Association of Social Workers
Research and Scholarly Activity
Current research in Domestic Violence