- Graduate Certificate in Supervision and Professional Development, University of Auckland, 2008.
- Certificate in Adult Teaching, Wintec, 2006.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Social Practice.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Health Science (Child & Adolescent Mental Health), University of Auckland, 2004.
- Bachelor of Social Work, Massey University, 1985.
- Trade Certificate in Farming (Dairy), Technical Correspondence Institute, 1981.
- New Zealand Certificate in Engineering (Mechanical), Wellington Polytechnic, 1974.
Industry Experience, Affiliations and Achievements
- 25+ years of experience in the health, community and social sectors as a practitioner, supervisor and therapist, including experience in:
- Mental health, care and protection
- Youth justice, rehabilitation, youth work and community development settings
- Mental health inpatient social worker for the Waikato District Health Board, until 2006.
- Member of the Aotearoa New Zealand Association of Social Workers.
Areas of Expertise and Research
- Child and adolescent mental health.
- Rural social work practice.
- Family therapy.
- Group work.
- Community work.
- Social work case work.
Interested in environmental issues and the restoration of the New Zealand forest habitat for the return of native birds to Hamilton City, community development work, homelessness, wealth and poverty, and restorative justice.