- Certificate in Adult Teaching, Wintec, 2004.
- Doctor of Curationis (Nursing Education), Randse Afrikaanse Universiteit, Johannesburg, South Africa, 1988.
Areas of Expertise and Research
- Science education in health care.
- Engaging Māori in science.
- Assessment, compassion, flexible delivery.
‘Measuring compassion in health care students’. Wintec and CHASP collaborative project, 2015-2017, with Vick, M., and Shaw, B. Results of pilot study presented at the Ako Aotearoa Conference, 2015, and first part of research presented at the MHS Conference, 2016.
‘Linking Assessment to Authentic Practice’. Wintec and Ako Aotearoa project, 2011-2013, with Stewart, J., and Stewart, K.
‘What assessment tool should be used to measure competence?’ Presented at the Australia New Zealand Association of Health Professional Educators (ANZAHPE) Annual Conference, Launcerston, Australia, 2009, with McHaffie, J., Stewart, J., and Stewart, K.
Dannenfeldt, G., McHaffie, J., Stewart, J., & Stewart, K. (2009). Addressing obstacles to success: What science do nurses really need in practice? Focus on Health Professional Education: A Multi-Disciplinary Journal, 11(1).