- Doctoral Candidate in Health Science.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling (Clinical Supervision), University of Waikato, 2009.
- Master in Management Studies (First Class Honours), University of Waikato, 2005.
- Bachelor of Social Science, University of Waikato, 1992.
- Advanced Diploma in Nursing (Mental Health), Waikato Polytechnic, 1989.
- Certificate in Tertiary Teaching.
- Registered Nurse.
Industry experience, affiliations and achievements
- Clinical background in adult general surgery, adult orthopaedics, rehabilitation and mental health.
Areas of expertise and research
- Leadership and management, communication, emotional work and emotional display rules within organisations.
- Solution-focused strength-based work and clinical supervision.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate nursing.
- Assessing science informed competency in the first year of the Bachelor of Nursing’. Presented at the Australasian Nurse Educators Conference, Hamilton, 2011, with Stewart, J.
- ‘Rethinking assessment of competence within a first year nursing science module’. Presented at HERDSA 2011: Higher Education on the Edge, Gold Coast, Australia, 2011, with Stewart, J.
- ‘Possibilities and limits of cross-disciplinary supervision: An exploratory study’. Presented at the Aotearoa Professional Supervision Conference, 2010, with Crocket, K., Franklin, J., McGill, R., Mulcahy, D., Whalan, M., and Flanagan, P.
- Crocket, K., Cahill, F., Flanagan, P., Franklin, J., McGill, R., Stewart, A., Whalan, M., & Mulcahy, D. (2010). Possibilities and limits of cross-disciplinary supervision: An exploratory study. New Zealand Journal of Counselling, 29(2), 25-46.