- Doctoral Candidate in Health Science.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling (Clinical Supervision), University of Waikato, 2009.
- Master in Management Studies (First Class Honours), University of Waikato, 2005.
- Bachelor of Social Science, University of Waikato, 1992.
- Advanced Diploma in Nursing (Mental Health), Waikato Polytechnic, 1989.
- Certificate in Tertiary Teaching.
- Registered Nurse.
Industry Experience, Affiliations and Achievements
- Clinical background in adult general surgery, adult orthopaedics, rehabilitation and mental health.
Areas of Expertise and Research
- Leadership and management, communication, emotional work and emotional display rules within organisations.
- Solution-focused strength-based work and clinical supervision.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate nursing.
‘Assessing science informed competency in the first year of the Bachelor of Nursing’. Presented at the Australasian Nurse Educators Conference, Hamilton, 2011, with Stewart, J.
‘Rethinking assessment of competence within a first year nursing science module’. Presented at HERDSA 2011: Higher Education on the Edge, Gold Coast, Australia, 2011, with Stewart, J.
‘Possibilities and limits of cross-disciplinary supervision: An exploratory study’. Presented at the Aotearoa Professional Supervision Conference, 2010, with Crocket, K., Franklin, J., McGill, R., Mulcahy, D., Whalan, M., and Flanagan, P.
Crocket, K., Cahill, F., Flanagan, P., Franklin, J., McGill, R., Stewart, A., Whalan, M., & Mulcahy, D. (2010). Possibilities and limits of cross-disciplinary supervision: An exploratory study. New Zealand Journal of Counselling, 29(2), 25-46.