Principal Academic Staff Member
- MMS (1st Class Hons) University of Waikato (2005)
- PGCert Counselling (Clinical Supervision) University of Waikato (2009)
- BSocSci, University of Waikato (1992)
- AdDipN, (Mental Health)
Areas of Expertise
- Leadership and management, communication, emotional work and emotional display rules within organisations.
- Solution-focused strengths-based work and clinical supervision.
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate Nursing
Industry Experience, Affiliation and Achievements
Clinical background in adult general surgery, adult orthopaedics, rehabilitation and mental health.
Research and Scholarly Activity
- Research activities include Responding to Negatively Emotive E-mails within Organizations: Communicative Strategies and Their Origins and Clinical supervision.
- Crocket, K., Cahill, F., Franklin, J., McGill, R., Mulcahy, D., Stewart, A., Whalan, M., & Flanagan, P. (2009) Possibilities and limits of cross-disciplinary supervision: An exploratory study. New Zealand Journal of Counselling 29,(2) pp 25-43.
- Crocket, K., Cahill, F., Franklin, J., McGill, R., Mulcahy, D., Stewart, A., Whalan, M., & Flanagan, P. (2010) Possibilities and limits of cross-disciplinary supervision: An exploratory study. Paper presented at the Aotearoa Professional Supervision Conference. Common threads, Different patterns.
- Stewart, A & Boladeras, R. (2007) Introducing undergraduate mental health pathway students to strengths-based group supervision. Paper presented at the New Zealand College of Mental Health Nurses Conference.
- Stewart, A & Zorn, T. (2007) Responding to Negatively Emotive Emails Within Organisations: Communicative Strategies and their Origins. Paper presented at the National Communication Association conference in Chicago.
- Boladeras, R. & Stewart, A. (2006) Strengths-based Group Supervision with Student Nurses- Preparation Process and Praxis. Paper presented at the Strengths-based Practice Conference in Brisbane.
- Stewart, Jane and Dannenfeldt, Gudrun and Stewart, Angela and Stewart, Kevin and Fester, Victor and McHaffie, Jackie and Williams,
- Pam and Hipkins, Rose (2011) Rethinking assessment for the science modules in the first year nursing programme: Final project report. Project Report. Ako Aotearoa, Auckland, New Zealand.
- Rethinking assessment of competence within a first year nursing science module: Herdsa Conference. Gold Coast Australia
- Stewart, Jane & Stewart, Angela (2011) Assessing science informed competency in the first year of the Bachelor of Nursing: ANEC conference Hamilton New Zealand.