Principal Academic Staff Member
- Currently enrolled in PhD Education. Massey University
- Master of Education (hons). University of Waikato
- Graduate Diploma of Education. University of Waikato
- Bachelor of Applied Social Science (adult education endorsement). Wintec
- Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Education. Wintec
Areas of specialisation
- Teacher training and development
- Adult and tertiary teaching
- 21st century learning environments
- Working with youth
- Working in diverse learning environments
- The Living Consensus Framework
- 21 years total teaching experience
- 14 years in vocation teaching
- A member of the Ako Aotearoa Academy for Tertiary Teaching Excellence.
- Contracted to Ako Aotearoa National Centre for Teaching Excellence as a facilitator on their professional development programme.
Bruce-Mayne, Julia (2013) The Living Consensus. In: Sino/New Zealand Research Forum: Excellence in Vocational Teaching Symposium, 23-24 September, 2013, Qingdao, China. (Book Chapter + Conference presentation)
Bruce-Mayne, Julia (2014) The Living Consensus: Growing transformative learning environments for youth. 4 November 2014. (Masters dissertation)
Bruce-Mayne, Julia (2013) Learning styles workshop. In: Sino/New Zealand Research Forum: Excellence in Vocational Teaching Symposium, 23-24 September, 2013, Qingdao, China.
Bruce-Mayne, Julia (2014) The living Consensus: Growing transformative learning environments. Sino/New Zealand Forum, Tianjin (China), 6-7 November, 2014. (conference presentation)
Bruce-Mayne, Julia (2014) Engaging challenging learners. Ako Aotearoa Workshop Series , Nation-wide , 43 workshops have been held during between 2012 and 2016
Bruce-Mayne, Julia (2012) Discipline specific e-training for trades tutors: Integrating theory with practice using e-technologies. Project Report. Ako Aotearoa, Wellington, New Zealand. (commissioned report)