I have been at Wintec for 14 years, working first as a horticulture technician tending the kitchen garden at Hamilton Gardens and then teaching horticulture for 10 years, focusing mainly on plant and soil sciences. After that, I worked with the foundation skills team developing and teaching the primary industries programme for My Career Pathways. I am now Team Manager for Animal Technology. We work on a beautiful campus with open spaces; it seems like a farm even though we are in the city.
Since living in New Zealand, I have learnt about native flora, rongoa, and te reo. I enjoy learning new things, working with people, and using this knowledge daily.
I am passionate about habitat restoration and growing vegetable gardens. I enjoy tramping and cooking. I am also a trustee of Grandview Community Garden, volunteer at Waiwhakareke, and look after my moko during the weekend.
- Bachelor in Agricultural Sciences
- Certificate in Adult Teaching (CAT)
- National Certificate in Adult Literacy Education (NCALE)
- Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Education (Level 5) (CATE)
- Te Pōkaitahi Reo (Rumaki, Reo Rua) (Level 1)
- New Zealand Certificate in Te Reo (Immersion, Bilingual) (Level 2) (Level 2)