Antoinette van der Weerden
Antoinette van der Weerden is a teacher within the landscape and horticulture departments at Wintec. She has been teaching in this field for over nine years and practising horticulture and landscape design for over 30 years in varying positions and locations worldwide.
She is also passionate about life, the outdoors, family, tramping, the arts, plants and plant health.
- Diploma in Horticulture, Lincoln University
- Diploma in Parks and Garden Technology, Lincoln University
- Bachelor in Social Science, begun at Canterbury University and completed at Waikato University
- National Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Education (MIT)
- Permaculture Design Certificate
- Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Education, Wintec
- Te Tauihu, Wintec
- Te Taurapa, Wintec
Areas of expertise
Industry experience, affiliations, and achievements
What do you enjoy about teaching/your job?
Education is essential for human development and enjoyment. I love that landscape design engages people with nature, makes the most of peoples living spaces, and creates supportive and beautiful outdoor spaces in peoples homes.