Diploma in Personal Training (Level 5)
- Not being offered in 2017
- One year full-time, or part-time equivalent
- Fee Guideline: $6,796 (International students: Please click here for fee information)
- Rotokauri Campus, Hamilton
Learn the all-round skills, characteristics and traits that it takes to become a Personal Trainer. A Personal Trainer guides, teaches and supports clients to maintain and improve their fitness levels.
A scholarships is available for graduates of the Certificate in Fitness Industry and people already working in a gym. Please see here for information, or to apply click here.
- Personal training environment
- Ethical legal implications
- Clinical health screening and assessment
- Programme prescription for weight management
- Sport performance, physical reconditioning and special populations
- Motivational and exercise adherence strategies
- Business planning and marketing strategies
You will learn how to look after a client's fitness one-on-one, advise them on nutrition and safe exercise.
The Diploma in Personal Training (Level 5) aims to provide students with the applied and theoretical knowledge and skills to be employed as a personal trainer in a variety of environments within the health and fitness industry and related sectors.
- Wintec Certificate in Fitness Industry Training (Level 4) or
- other equivalent qualification or experience
Applicants do not meet the above entry requirements may nevertheless be considered for provisional entry (if aged under 20 years) or special admission (if aged 20 or over).
Applicants who have English as a second language are required to have an International English Language Test System (IELTS) score of 6.0, with no individual band score lower than 5.5; or equivalent.
Download the full programme regulations:
Need help? Want to know how to get started?
Leave your details here and we will come back to you: