Certificate in Massage (Level 4)
- Semester 1 starts 1 March 2017
- Semester 2 starts 14 June 2017
- 36 weeks part-time with online learning and weekend blocks
- Fee Guideline: $2,325 (International students: Please click here for fee information)*
- Rotokauri Campus, Hamilton
The Certificate in Massage (Level 4) aims to provide you with the theoretical and applied skills at a level that will allow you to work as massage therapists. Successful candidates with this qualification are eligible to apply to Massage New Zealand (MNZ), for Certified Massage Therapist (CMT) status, which will ensure suitable career pathways in the massage therapy industry. The programme will be delivered part-time, with work to be completed online or using blended delivery methods. Some practical components will require attendance at block sessions; these sessions are run during the weekend. Over the entire programme students would be required to be on campus for:
Programme Content / Structure
You will study:
- Massage Techniques
- Theory of Massage
- Massage Business Practice
The Certificate in Massage (Level 4) may lead to employment in a variety of settings including: health and fitness centres, spa resorts, multi-disciplinary health clinics, community organizations and self employment.
- Open entry. However, it is preferred that applicants under 20 years of age have completed four years of secondary education, and at least 12 NCEA – unit standards credits (or equivalent at level 2). Suggested subjects include English, Physical Education and/or Biology.
- Candidates who have English as a second language are required to have an International English Language Test System (IELTS) score of 6.0 across all bands; or equivalent.
- For health and safety reasons you must declare any health conditions and hold a current Comprehensive New Zealand First Aid Certificate (or acquire one within three months of commencing the programme).
Download the full programme regulations:
Need help? Want to know how to get started?
Leave your details here and we will come back to you: