New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (Electronics) (Level 6)
- Semester 1 starts 20 February 2017
- Semester 2 starts 24 July 2017
- Fee Guideline: $6,796
- Two years full-time, or part-time equivalent
- Rotokauri Campus, Hamilton
If you find modern appliances, communication devices, IT hardware and other electronic equipment fascinating, you’ll love a career in electronic engineering. We increasing rely on electronic equipment in our personal lives, and in industry, and that means there is a need for more people to design, install, service and maintain those devices. At Wintec you’ll get the practical skills and knowledge you need to be in demand in the electronics sector.
Your study will include modules in:
- Engineering Fundamentals
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Management
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Electrical and Electronic Applications
- Computer Programming
- Electronic Manufacturing
You will also undertake an engineering project and choose from electives in electronics, microcontrollers, electronic manufacturing and mathematics.
Candidates should note that some Pathways and/or Elective Modules may not be offered or be available within any given year.
Entry into this course requires:
NCEA Level 2 *, and:
- A minimum total of 48 credits at level 2 in four subjects including at least 12 credits in mathematics (preferably achievement standards in algebra, calculus or trigonometry), or
- Equivalent qualifications (eg International Baccelaureate or Cambridge), or
- Equivalent credits from appropriate trades training and/or demonstrated skills and experience
*including a minimum of 10 literacy credits at level 1 or higher (for those who achieved NCEA Level 2 before 2013).
Candidates who do not meet the specified entry requirements may be considered for provisional entry (if aged under 20). These candidates may be required to demonstrate an ability to successfully complete the programme through an interview.
Special admission may be granted to candidates aged 20 years or over who do not meet the specified entry requirements. These candidates may be required to demonstrate an ability to successfully complete the programme through a process of an interview and / or assessment.
Candidates who have English as a second language are required to have an International English Language Test System (IELTS) score of 6.0, with no individual band score lower than 5.5; or equivalent.
Need help? Want to know how to get started?
Leave your details here and we will come back to you.