New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 6)
Due to changes in our qualifications the final intake for this programme is semester one 2017. However, students enrolled in this programme from semester one will not be affected by this change.
- Semester 1 starts 13 February 2017
- Semester 2 starts 13 July 2017
- Two years full-time, limited part-time study available*
- Fee Guideline: $6,200 (per year) (International students: Please click here for fee information)
- Study on campus in Hamilton City
If you want to pursue a career in Accounting, Business, Management, Marketing, or Human Resources, then this programme is for you. The New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 6) will give you a nationally recognised qualification in two years of full-time study.
From this diploma you can continue to study towards the Bachelor of Applied Management.
This programme also allows you to enrol concurrently in and study both the Certificate in Advanced English (Level 4) and the New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 6) within two and a half years.
* Due to changes in our qualifications, if you study part time you may not be able to complete this programme. Please make an appointment with the Centre for Business, Information Technology and Enterprise to discuss your study options.
* If you wish to enter the CAANZ College of Accounting Technicians, please make an appointment with the Centre for Business, Information Technology and Enterprise to discuss your study options.
This qualification requires passes in 12 modules. In your first year you will study the following:
- The Economic Environment
- Organisation and Management
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Accounting Principles
- Business Communication
- Human Resource Management
In your second year you will study level 6 modules covering areas of marketing, leadership, employment relations and law. These can be used to pathway onto the Bachelor of Applied Management.COURSE MODULES
Interactive Learning Environment
At the Centre for Business, IT and Enterprise you learn in a diverse and interactive study environment using advanced learning tools and the latest software. Your tutors are industry experienced and guest speakers from the business world are regular visitors.
The New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 6) may lead to employment in management, human resources, marketing, accounting and small business operations.
- a minimum of 14 numeracy credits at level 1 or higher in Mathematics or Pangarau on the Directory of Assessment Standards; and
- 50 credits at level 2 or above with at least 12 credits in each of three subjects including a minimum of 8 literacy credits at level 2 or higher in English or Te Reo Māori selected from the approved schedule of achievement and unit standards for University Entrance; of which 4 credits must be in reading, and 4 credits must be in writing; or
- Equivalent to the above; or
- New Zealand University Entrance.
Candidates who have English as a second language are required to:
- have an International English Language Test System (IELTS) score of 6.0, with no individual band score lower than 5.5; or equivalent; or
- have completed two years study at a New Zealand secondary school and achieved either NCEA Level 3, or New Zealand University Entrance, or both.
Download the full programme regulations:ENTRY CRITERIA
Need help? Want to know how to get started?
Leave your details here and we will come back to you: