Upon successful completion of Business 4 programme you will be awarded the New Zealand Certificate in Business (Administration and Technology) (Level 4)
- Semester 1 starts February 2018
- Semester 2 starts July 2018
- One semester full-time, or part-time equivalent
- Location: Hamilton City Campus
- Fee Guideline: $3,187* (per semester) (International students: Please click here for fee information)
If you want to develop advanced business administration and computing skills for clerical, administrative or secretarial roles, then this programme is right for you.This programme is structured to allow you to learn and develop the administration knowledge and professional skills required in any business. Throughout the semester you will have the opportunity to put your learning into practice through work experience in a local business.
- How to produce complex business documents
- How to select, apply and review appropriate business technologies and digital applications
- Business financial applications, tools and technologies
- Systems to manage, maintain and administrate processes and services
- Customer service techniques
- Team work
- Problem solving
- Communication with stakeholders
Real Work Place Environment
You’ll study at Wintec’s Centre for Business, Information Technology and Enterprise in a simulated office setting. You’ll use the latest version of Microsoft Office, be introduced to a range of useful and relevant web based tools and applications, and learn from highly qualified, industry experienced tutors.
As part of your study you will undertake work placement in an organisation.
The Business 4 programme will lead to a variety of office-related jobs such as Receptionist, Office Junior, Administrator, Records Officer or Data Processor.
Candidates are required to have gained:
a) 24 credits at NCEA Level 1 including 12 credits in English or Māori, 10 Literacy credits at NCEA Level 1 or above (5 credits each in reading and writing), and 10 Numeracy credits at NCEA Level 1 or above; or
b) New Zealand Certificate in Business (Administration and Technology) Level 3; or
c) A relevant qualification at NZQF Level 3 or above; or
d) Equivalent.Download the full programme regulations:
Scheduling and Workload
As a general guideline the expectation is that you will be required to be at Wintec up to 5 days per week (as a full time student). This can be from Monday – Friday anytime between 8am and 7pm. The maximum in-class time would be 16 hours per week plus your own self-directed study or work placement.