Diploma in Technology (Science) (Level 6)
- Semester 1 starts 13 February 2017
- Semester 2 starts 24 July 2017
- Summer School 28th November 2016
- Two years
- Fee Guideline: $6,639.99 (International students: Please click here for fee information)
- City Campus, Hamilton
It is compulsory for you to study:
- Chemistry Concepts
- Laboratory Skills
- Laboratory Procedures and Communication
- Statistics and Quality Assurance
- A Work Placement
You are then able to select additional modules to complete the programme in the areas of biochemistry, biology, chemistry and microbiology.
- 12 credits at NCEA Level 2 in two subjects, one of which must be Biology or Chemistry, while it is strongly recommended that the other be one of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics or Technology, or
- Equivalent unit standards, or
- Certificate in Technology (Level 4), or
- Equivalent qualifications
Special admission may be granted to candidates aged 20 years or over who do not meet the specified entry requirements. These candidates may be required to demonstrate an ability to successfully complete the programme through a process of an interview and / or assessment.
Secondary School Students
Want to experience science for a day? Talk to your STAR Coordinator or Careers Advisor and do a two day Wintec Taster in Practical Science for the Workplace.
Need help? Want to know how to get started?
Leave your details here and we will come back to you: