Animal Care (level 3)
Upon successful completion of the Animal Care level 3 programme, you will be awarded the New Zealand Certificate in Animal Care (Companion Animals) (Level 3)
- Semester 1 starts 10 February 2017
- Semester 2 starts 21 July 2017
- Fees: $3,964 (per semester)
- 1 Semester
- Wintec Rotokauri Campus, Hamilton
The Animal Care (Level 3) programme is aimed at candidates who are interested in or who are caring for animals in non-production contexts such as pet stores, animal rescue centres, boarding and training facilities. It will provide students with the skills, knowledge and attributes to maintain the welfare of animals in a wide range of animal care roles within welfare standards and practices and with limited supervision.
Students will carry out animal care tasks relevant to companion animals.
VIEW THE MODULES OF STUDY HERE
Schedule of Modules
Schedule A: Common Core Modules
- Candidates are required to have:
- NCEA Level 1 comprised of 80 credits at NCEA Level 1 or above, Literacy (10 credits at NCEA Level 1) and Numeracy (10 credits at NCEA Level 1); or
- A relevant qualification at NZQF Level 2 or above; or
Graduates of this qualification are likely to be employed in a range of businesses associated with the care of animals. This may include people working as assistants in pet stores, animal rescue centres, pet grooming, animal day care, animal training, and boarding facilities.
Graduates may progress in to further Animal Technology study at Wintec – in Veterinary Nurse Assistant or Rural Animal Technician programmes.
Need help? Want to know how to get started?
Leave your details here and we will come back to you: