Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that information is current and correct. But please contact the appropriate scholarship provider before making an application, as details change frequently.
Please select one of the options below for information about scholarships offered.
Centre for Sport Science and Human Performance Postgraduate Research Practitioner Grant
The Centre for Sport Science and Human Performance (CSSHP) Postgraduate Research Practitioner Grant will enable you to gain practical experience in an applied theory learning environment providing impactful solutions for industry and community stakeholders.
Applicants have the opportunity to apply for a placement at the following schools:
- Wintec | Te Pūkenga
- St Paul's Collegiate School
- St Peters School
- Sacred Heart Girls' Collage
The successful applicant will then be required to work alongside the school's students and staff towards agreed outcomes and directives. Indicatively, they will be required to work in the school gym and sports team environments undertaking strength and conditioning, and/or performance analysis hours (St Paul's and St Peter's).
Strength and conditioning roles may include:
- Participating and contributing to the strength and conditioning programmes for the school.
- Developing skills pertaining to (but not limited to) one-on-one and team coaching, strength and conditioning programming, programme delivery, soft skills, general professionalism, and other personal development methods.
- Partaking in regular discussions and reviews with school contacts, showing evidence of development and upskilling opportunities.
Performance analysis roles may include:
- Participate and contribute to the performance analysis profile for the school.
- Developing skills pertaining to (but is not limited to) coding, stats analysis, technical support, potentially GPS or similar technologies, soft skills, general professionalism and other methods of personal development.
- Partaking in regular discussions and reviews with school contacts, whilst showing evidence of development and upskilling opportunities.
- Working alongside other students and staff towards agreed-upon outcomes and directives for the school.
Applicant must be enrolled in full-time or part-time study at Wintec Te Pūkenga in either:
- The Master of Science (Human Performance Science) (Level 9)
- The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science (Level 8)
- The Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science (Honours) (Level 8)
The Award will be granted based on the following selection criteria:
- The applicant's academic record;
- The applicant's potential for, or record of, research;
- The applicant's understanding of and/or previous work experience (whether paid or voluntary) within the sport, exercise and human performance sector; and
- The advice, recommendation, and/or ranking of the relevant Wintec Te Pūkenga Centre Director or Head of School.
How to apply
2023 applications have closed.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find the complete Grant regulations by clicking the below document.