If you live more than 40km from Wintec's Hamilton campuses and you are required to be in Hamilton for your course less than once a fortnight, you are considered a Distance Student, and eligible for Distance Services.
The Library can:
Courier you requested Library materials (with prepaid courier bags for return included!)
Help you with Library services and finding resources
Give you APA Referencing advice
Supply a wide range of electronic books and articles
Supply print material from the library
Deliver scanned documents
Assist with searching for information for assignments
- OneSearch - a unified search that searches most of the library resources. Check out the other resources in the Resources List.
Note: You will need a current Wintec computer username and password to access many of these resources. If you don't know, or have forgotten, your username and/or password, try the Student Access Portal. If you have any problems, contact the ITS Service Management Team on 0800 587 500.
As a Distance Student
- You are eligible for similar borrowing privileges as on-campus students.
- A maximum of 10 books per week can be posted to you. A suitable number of courier bags will be sent to cover return of books.
- You can renew items three times using My Account from the Library Homepage or catalogue tab.
- You are responsible for any fines and fees that you incur. If you require any material to be photocopied, the cost is 8 cents per A4 single sided black and white sheet.
- In order to provide fair service to all students, any book may be requested by another borrower. When this happens, you will get an automatic email recalling it from you. The email gives a new due date. The book must be returned by this date. Not having a courier bag available is not an excuse for failing to return a recall. You may recall books yourself if the catalogue says there are “0 available”. Where it says “Pick up at”, use the drop-down menu to select “Wintec Distance” (otherwise it will wait for you on the City Holds shelf and you won’t be sent it).
- In the case of material that is on Course Reserve or within the Reference Collection and therefore unable to leave the Library, we can supply photocopied sections of this material within the bounds of current copyright agreements and law. Alternatively, we can supply similar material on the same subject if this would be more appropriate for your needs.
Private Bag 3036
Gate 4 Tristram Street Main Store