Accommodation Fees 2017
Accommodation fees are spread evenly over 42 weeks (Student Village) and 44 weeks (Wintec Apartments) and must be paid regularly on a weekly/fortnightly basis.
Most students leave Wintec Accommodation facilities for the holidays and/or course related placements for several weeks during the year. This has been taken into account in setting the fees. You need to pay even when you're on holiday, or on placement.
You are welcome to apply for the full year or single semester accommodation, however, priority is given to students who contract to stay for the full year.
For Block Course Students – please ring or email for availability and costs.
Once accepting a place at Wintec Accommodation, if a resident vacates their room before their tenancy expires, they will forfeit their contingency deposit and be liable for rent until the end of their contract or pay a penalty of $3000. (This will be at the Manager's discretion)
The initial deposits for Wintec Accommodation for 2017 are:
Student Village: $1,460, this includes an initial application fee of $150, a contingency deposit of $870 (refunded at the end of your contract), an activities fee of $150 ($75 for the half year), and the 1st week’s rent of $290.
Wintec Apartments: $1,300, this includes an initial application fee of $150, a contingency deposit of $800 (refunded at the end of your contract), an activities fee of $150 ($75 for the half year), and the 1st week’s rent $200.
- Fees must be paid in advance at a minimum frequency of weekly direct to the Wintec Accommodation bank account.
- Fees must still be paid when you are absent from the accommodation during holidays and/or for programme of study placements.
- If you anticipate leaving the accommodation for placements or holidays, you need to take into account any additional accommodation costs you might incur by having to stay elsewhere.
A contingency deposit is required in advance from every student who intends to reside in Wintec Accommodation. The contingency deposit provides an assurance to the WSRT against potential damage, loss of property, theft and other misdemeanors.
For all residents residing in Wintec Accommodation for 2017, the amount of contingency deposit to be paid is $870 (Student Village), $800 (Wintec Apartments).
Please note that forfeiture of the contingency deposit either in part or full may apply in the following circumstances:
- Causing the loss of, or careless, willful or avoidable damage to WSRT property.
- Default in the weekly rent payments.
- If a resident is required to vacate Wintec Accommodation for serious misconduct or disciplinary reasons.
- If a resident vacates Wintec Accommodation before their tenancy expires, they will forfeit their contingency deposit and be liable to cover the rent until the end of their contract or pay a penalty of $3000 (this will be at the Manager's discretion).
Please note that refund of the contingency deposit is entirely at the Wintec Accommodation Services discretion, based on the above circumstances.