Licensed eBook databases:
- ebrary (also available via Proquest) - Provides access to a growing collection of books and other content covering:
- Arts & Humanities
- Business & Economics,
- Career & General Education
- Computers, Engineering & Applied Science
- Science, Medicine & Allied Health
- Social & Behaviour Sciences
ebrary titles can also be found by searching the Library Catalogue
- EBL - A web-based eBook lending platform, providing access to a selection of books on a variety of subjects.
- Using EBL:
Quick browse - You have 5-10 minutes to browse without having to borrow the eBook.
Borrowing - Downloading the eBooks gives you access for up to 7 days. Downloading activates full text access for the length of the loan, and triggers the print and copy functionalities.
Returning - After the time period you nominated at the point of downloading expires, the eBook is no longer able to be viewed unless borrowed again.
- Using EBL:
EBL titles can also be found by searching the Library Catalogue
- Bridget Wiliams Treaty of Waitangi Collection - The online home for Treaty Scholarship
- Includes the Claudia Orange book "The Treaty of Waitangi"
Bridget Williams book titles can also be found by searching the Library Catalogue
Free to Web eBooks:
- British Library Online Gallery - Turning the Pages software enables you to view selected books and manuscripts held by the British Library.
- Early New Zealand Books (NZ) - This has been developed by staff at The University of Auckland Libraries and Learning Services. The collection aims to provide a complete online full-text and keyword-searchable corpus of books about New Zealand published in the first two-thirds of the nineteenth century.
- Google Book Search - Search the full text of books to find ones that interest you. Selected viewing of pages is available for copyrighted material. Public domain or copyright free material is available in fulltext.
- Manybooks.net - Free eBooks for your PDA (or iPod).
- NZETC(New Zealand Electronic Texts) (NZ) - The New Zealand Electronic Text Collection is made up of significant New Zealand and Pacific Island texts and materials held by Victoria University of Wellington Library.
- Project Gutenberg - Project Gutenberg offers over 53,000 free ebooks: choose among free epub books, free kindle books, download them or read them online.