Founded over forty years ago, Sport and Exercise Science New Zealand (SESNZ) is a professional organisation which is committed to :
- Promoting, encouraging and developing the proper use of exercise science and technology to improve the exercise, sport and health performance of New Zealanders;
- Promoting the importance of exercise for optimal sport performance and health;
- Educating persons involved in sport and exercise in the principles of sport and exercise science and their appropriate applications;
- Developing, promoting and managing standards for individuals or agencies specialising in sport and exercise assessment and development programmes;
- Promoting SESNZ and the role of sport science in New Zealand sport and to take the lead in developing a nationally coordinated approach to integrating sport science into sport at all levels.
The New Zealand Journal for Sport and Exercise Science is published on behalf of the Sport and Exercise Science New Zealand (SESNZ). in partnership with the Waikato Institute of Technology (WINTEC).
Aim and Scope
The New Zealand Journal for Sport and Exercise Science (NZJSES) is a peer-reviewed online journal that publishes original research articles, systematic reviews,commentaries, and letters of topics related to Sport and Exercise Science. This includes, but is not limited to, research associated with such as bio-mechanics, motor control, sport psychology, skill acquisition, exercise science, sport nutrition, sport injuries and rehabilitation, clinical exercise interventions, coaching science, as well as outdoor and recreation related topics. Material that is particularly unique and relevant to the subject content at an international and national level will be considered.
The articles submitted will be administered by the appropriate Senior Section Editor and evaluated by two or more referees. The decision as to whether a particular article is to be published or not, rests with the Editorial Board. Submission of articles will be considered at any time and once accepted for publication the articles will be included in the next online version of the journal