QSUR603 – Cost Planning
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
To enable the student to develop the skills and knowledge to prepare preliminary estimates, elemental cost plans and cashflow statements for medium and large building projects.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Prepare and select appropriate type of preliminary estimates for medium and large building projects.
Complete elemental cost plans and cashflow statements for medium and large building projects
- May include, but not limited to, an appropriate selection from the following topics:
Completion of preliminary estimates: methods - area, cubic metres, units of accommodation and approximate quantities. Evaluation, selection and application of systems to compile a complete costing.
Completion of elemental cost plans and cashflow statements: elemental cost plan - concepts, elemental analysis rules and estimating procedures for elemental units. Identification and assembly of relevant documentation - preliminary drawings, specifications, design briefs, historical cost information. Cost fluctuations. Plan assembled to meet industry and client requirements. Cashflow statements - purpose and types. Identification, selection and format meet client requirements and industry standards.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Learning activities for topics may typically include practical/workshop, case studies, lectures, tutorials, field trips, group work, visiting specialists, computer simulations, web technologies, projects and self-directed learning.
- Assessment Criteria
- A portfolio is a compilation of evidence presented by the student in ways that demonstrate their acquired knowledge, competencies and capabilities.
The contents of students' portfolios may typically include evidence of achievement from assignments, projects, tests, exams, formative assessments, and peer assessments, self and group assessments.
Portfolio of evidence100
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Computer with spreadsheet software
Access to online/published material, product, pricing data.