QSUR601 – Measurement for Medium and Large Buildings
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Measurement for Medium and Large Buildings
To enable the student to further develop the skills and knowledge to assemble quantity surveying documentation and measure schedules of quantities including services and specific sections of civil engineering work.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Assemble quantity surveying documentation relevant to specialist trade sections including services and specific sections of civil engineering work, for a medium or large building.
Measure schedules of quantities including services and specific sections of civil engineering work including services and specific sections of civil engineering work for a medium or large building.
- May include but not limited to an appropriate selection from the following topics:
Quantity surveying documentation relevant to specialist trade sections: identification, assembly and integration of documentation including preliminary and general work. Identification and correction of discrepancies.
Preparation of schedules of quantities including services and specific sections of civil engineering work: items checked against documentation, schedules measured and compiled to industry standard for a range of specialist trade sections, including services - mechanical, fire protection, plumbing, electrical; and civil engineering work - site earthworks, civil engineering structures, complex drainage schemes.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Learning activities for topics may typically include practical/workshop/lab sessions, lectures, tutorials, field trips, group work, visiting specialists, computer simulations, web technologies, self-directed learning.
- Assessment Criteria
- A portfolio is a compilation of evidence presented by the student in ways that demonstrate their acquired knowledge, competencies and capabilities.
The contents of students' portfolios may typically include evidence of achievement from assignments, projects, tests, exams, formative assessments, and peer assessments, self and group assessments.
Portfolio of evidence100
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Computer with spreadsheet software
Access to online/published material, product, pricing data