Nga Ahuatanga o te Tinana / Applied Structure and Function of the Human Body
To enable students to understand and apply the basic structure and function of major body systems to enrolled nursing practice.
- Learning Outcomes
- Identify and locate major body organs and body systems.
Describe the basic structure and normal function of the major body systems.
Identify health assessments, routine tests / examinations and normal parameters relevant to each body system.
Define common terminology related to body systems.
- -Body systems include integumentary, musculo-skeletal, respiratory, cardiovascular, reproductive, digestive (including nutrition), urinary, nervous, endocrine, lymphatic
-Structure and function of organs of major body systems.
-Assessments including vital signs, blood and urine tests and their normal parameters.
-Scientific terminology and quantitative measurements
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Lectures, tutorials, simulation, group discussions, guest speakers, independent learning, e-learning.
- Assessment Criteria
- Students must achieve a minimum grade of 60% in order to pass this module.