IMCT421 – Process Control Systems
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Process Control Systems
To gain a broad operational and theoretical knowledge of Analog Control Systems
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Demonstrate knowledge of distributed control systems
2. Demonstrate knowledge of On/Off and proportional integral derivative mode control theory and controllers
- As specified in the outcomes and the performance criteria for the unit standards listed
- Assessment Criteria
- Achievement of a pass grade in all portfolios.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Learning will be by way of structured distance learning, either by hardcopy written material and assessments or by on-line learning and assessment. In addition, structured practical learning will take place where students are given a range of tasks to complete and observations to make from their practical findings.
Students will be encouraged to research some aspects of their theory and practical by way of reference to manufacturers’ instructions and device specification sheets which may be via library/database and/or internet searches.