HSIP809 – Special Topic
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
This module offers students the opportunity to study an area of interest related to their particular area of practice. The student will submit a proposal outlining the focus, and scope of the intended project and negotiate the supervision process with the lecturer(s).
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Initiate and manage a scholarly inquiry in relation to a chosen topic relating to an identified area of practice
Present an ordered, critical exposition of knowledge related to the selected topic.
- -Initiating and managing a project
-Exposition of knowledge
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching and learning methods in this web enabled/ based module:
The student will apply in writing to the Programme Manager of Postgraduate Studies to undertake a special topic/project. At this stage the student will be required to provide a proposal outlining their topic of interest.
The proposal will include a statement of purpose; a plan of action; and a description of outcomes including assessments.
The students will
Maintain a reflexive journal record of thinking and decision making about the project;
Present evidence of critique of literature and research evidence related to the topic;
Critically examine the significance and utility of the ideas presented for nursing practice
A supervisor(s) will then be assigned to the student. Please refer to Student Handbook for guidelines on supervision of postgraduate student projects, which outlines:
The role and responsibilities of the supervisor(s).
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment 1Written presentation which may comprise an essay, report or presentation (Negotiated with the individual student) 100