HORT415 – Tree Evaluation
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
The aim of this module is to develop student's knowledge and skill in performing tree evaluations.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Describe the uses and importance of trees in the landscape and evaluation criteria.
Demonstrate knowledge of Standard Methods for Tree Evaluation used in New Zealand.
Describe timber markets in New Zealand.
- oUse and importance of trees in landscape
oTree evaluation criteria, Standard Tree Evaluation Method (STEM)
oAnalysis of type, significance, condition and value
oSTEM, components, use, complete twenty (20) evaluations
oTimber markets of New Zealand, production timbers, and individual logs described their potential markets and distribution
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching and learning methods will be face to face delivery including; workshops, project based interactive tasks, with group sessions, tutorials, on-line learning, work integration, and independent research for the creation of portfolios of evidence of learning.
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is mixed mode. Students must gain a minimum mark of 50 in the achievement-based assessments and meet all the requirements of the competency-based assessments including carrying out all tasks in a safe manner and to industry standard to be eligible for a final grade for this module. The final grade will be based on the marks from the achievement-based assessment tasks.