HORT347 – Workflow Practices
The aim of this module is to develop student’s understanding of workflow management in horticulture operation.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- As per Ako: Teaching and Learning Directions – may include; Project-based learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Demonstrate understanding of workflow systems used in a horticulture workplace.
2. Demonstrate understanding of procedures for the resolution of problems in workflow systems in a horticulture workplace.
3. Demonstrate understanding of a workflow system documentation and/or software used in a horticulture workplace.
- - Workflow system features and applications
- Workflow system measurable benefits of their use
- Workflow system use in terms of sources of information used to assist identifying problems
- Formal and informal procedures for resolving problems
- Workplace procedures
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is mixed mode. Students must gain a minimum mark of 50% in the achievement-based assessments and meet all the requirements of the competency-based assessments including carrying out all tasks in a safe manner and to industry standard to be eligible for a final grade for this module. The final grade will be based on the marks from the achievement-based assessment tasks. Where there are only competency components, pass or fail will be awarded.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- ? Tutorial notes, exercises and readings, flexible, blended learning focus on content and material as projects for project based learning.
? Interactive Moodle platform
? Work integration in amenity type organizations.