CNST606 – Planning Construction for Medium Buildings
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Planning Construction for Medium Buildings
To enable the student to acquire the skills and knowledge to develop and prepare pre- and post-contract construction plans for a medium building project.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Undertake pre-contract construction plan development
Undertake post-contract construction plan development
- May include, but not limited to, an appropriate selection from the following topics:
Pre-contract construction plan development: integrated documentation - drawings and specifications, construction methodology, health and safety plan, quality assurance plan; information relating to pre-contract documents, legislation, client requirements. Pre-contract plan to include integrated documentation, construction budget, consultants' timelines, resources and constraints, in the context of a medium building project.
Post-contract construction plan development: integrated documentation - drawings and specifications, construction methodology, health and safety plan, quality assurance plan; Information relating to contract documents, legislation, client requirements. Post-contract plan to include integrated documentation, construction budget, consultants' timelines, shop drawings, variations, resources and constraints, in the context of a medium building project.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Learning activities for topics may typically include practical/workshop/lab sessions, lectures, tutorials, field trips, group work, visiting specialists, computer simulations, web technologies, self-directed learning.
- Assessment Criteria
- A portfolio is a compilation of evidence presented by the student in ways that demonstrate their acquired knowledge, competencies and capabilities.
The contents of students' portfolios may typically include evidence of achievement from assignments, projects, tests, exams, formative assessments, and peer assessments, self and group assessments.
Portfolio of Evidence100
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Access to PC equipment
Selected software e.g. spreadsheets
Access to online material, product and pricing data
Sample project documentation