BIZM503 – Communication
To enable students to apply communication and relationship management skills for the efficient and effective performance of the entity.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1: Identify and apply effective communication principles.
2: Develop and maintain organisational relationships between an organisation and its internal and external stakeholders.
3: Research and communicate operational information to ensure efficient and effective performance of a business entity.
4: Apply accepted problem-solving and decision-making skills and techniques.
- - Theory and principles of Communication
- Intrapersonal communication
- Interpersonal communication
- Group communication
- Organisational Communication
- Relationship Management
- Problem solving
- Research skills
- Oral communication skills
- Writing skills
- Critical thinking
- Communication technologies
- Professional practice attributes: professional and ethical behaviours, cultural recognition and
sensitivity; teamwork, managing self and others, time management.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods may involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is mixed mode. The portfolio is comprised of multiple assessment tasks. Students must attempt and submit all assessments and achieve an overall pass mark of 50% across the portfolio to pass the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.