City Hub upgrade and temporary closure
We’re improving the Wintec City Hub with more computers, a better layout and doing essential maintenance.
The Gallagher Hub at Wintec's City Campus will close from 1pm Friday 16 August and reopen on 7am Tuesday 20 August.
Please note: From 7am on Friday 16 August, computers won’t be available in the Hub.
BUT… we’ve created some alternative spaces and resources for students during this time.
Here’s where to go and what you can access:
Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 August >> D Block
- Computer labs DLG.25 and DLG.27 open from 8.00am - 5.00pm
- Borrow a laptop from the foyer dispenser (32 laptops available)
- Use a printer, swipe your ID card and print to WintecPrint
- Quiet study room DLG.26 open from 8.00am - 5.00pm
Monday 19 August >> The Atrium and D Block
- Chill, relax, or do some course work in the Atrium – open from 7.00am – 7.00pm.
- Get food and drinks from CaterPlus and Sushi Hub in the Atrium
- Bring your own device to the Atrium or grab a loan laptop from the D Block foyer dispenser
- Access roaming IT support, a librarian, a learner advisor and Student Learning Services in the Atrium
- Access to D Block computer labs: 7am-1pm DG.20 and 1pm -10pm DLG.30
- Access on Friday 16 August is until 12.30pm and via the Student Learning Services entrance
- Take out course reserves on Thursday 15 August prior to 8pm and keep until 8am Tuesday 20 August
- A librarian will be available in the Atrium on Monday 19 August 8.00am - 5.00pm for referencing support
- Access the Wintec Library collection of digital resources and ‘how to’ guides wintec.ac.nz/studentresources/library
- The City campus prayer rooms are temporarily relocated to B Block during the closure period. Prayer rooms are BG.01 and BG.02 and can be accessed via the Corporate Reception entrance.
Te Kete Kōnae
- Te Kete Kōnae staff will be available at the Te Kōpū Mānia o Kirikiriroa marae from 9am-4pm on Monday 19 August.
Student Disability Services
- Student Disability Services are available for students and advice for staff is also available at any time. The office will be closed during the closure of the hub, but you can contact us on 0800 2 Wintec any time.
Thanks for your patience while we're giving the Hub some much-needed love.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com
Why we're doing this – more computers, better configuration, flexible working spaces
The current Gallagher Hub at Wintec's City Campus has 80 fixed computers on four long fixed tables. From September there will be 92 devices available to students. A mix of fixed and loan laptops will enable more flexibility and computer tables will be mobile. Students will have a greater choice of study spaces available.
Stage 1 - August
- There will be 24 fixed computers and 36 bookable laptops = 60 devices in total
- 13 new smaller tables, which can be easily moved and reconfigured for more flexible learning/study and social needs will replace the four long fixed computer tables.
- A new height adjustable table will enable disability access
Stage 2 - September
- There will be an extra 32 computers on the mezzanine floor of the library.
- Students will have two different spaces available to them.
- The mezzanine floor will allow students to use technology for study in a quiet space.