Terms and Conditions
Wintec can help with travel expenses incurred by candidates attending an interview. Wintec may pay for:
- Air travel as arranged by Wintec
- Reimbursement up to the cost of public transport for applicants living in excess of 200km from the relevant Wintec site. Wintec campuses are located in Hamilton, Thames, and Te Kuiti.
The decision of Human Resources on the reimbursement of expenses is final.
Privacy Act 1993
Wintec's application form and the curriculum vitae contain personal information about applicants used as part of the selection process. In accordance with the Privacy Act, Wintec is unable to hold these documents "longer than is required for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used". Candidates may request access to, and correction of this information subject to the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993. Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after two months.
Occupational Health and Safety
Wintec is committed to ensuring the safety and health of staff, students and visitors, including interview candidates. It is expected that all people on campus will:
- Ensure their own safety and the safety of others
- Advise Wintec if they feel a situation is unsafe
- Report any incidents, minor or serious harm injuries occurring at Wintec
- Use any personal protective equipment provided
- Observe safety signage and notices
Wintec Agreement Types
Staff at Wintec are employed on the following employment agreements, depending on the position and work being undertaken:
- Individual Employment Agreement (between Wintec and the employee)
- Allied Staff Collective Employment Agreement (between Wintec and TIASA)
- Academic Staff Members Collective Agreement (between Wintec and TEU)