Research Vouchers FAQ
Who can use research vouchers?
Our research vouchers are most suited to small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) and not-for-profit organisations within New Zealand as they generally have fewer resources available to invest in research and development activities. However, Wintec will consider research topics from larger organisations. Ultimately, our research should benefit our local industry and community.
What type of research will be considered?
- Solves a problem for industry
- Encourages innovation of products/processes, increasing capability and/or capacity
- Results in the transfer of knowledge from researchers to industry
- Generates ongoing benefits to industry
Some examples of research ideas include:
- Design or modification of design
- Experimental testing / measuring
- Efficiency audit, process change
- New product / service or process development
- New or improved production process
- Review of service delivery and customer interface
- New business model development
- Innovation or technology audit
- Supply chain management and logistics
- Take a new good or service to market
- Reduce a company cost
- Productivity gains
How will it work?
The vouchers carry a value or credit for a certain dollar amount of research time/resource from Wintec. A Wintec staff member who has the appropriate skills and knowledge will work alongside your organisation to reach the desired outcome.
For a detailed explanation on the Wintec Research Voucher Scheme, click here to read the information sheet